Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Debbie said

I once had a roommate who had a decent job working for the government. But she would blow her whole pay cheque the first day. Therefore she had no money to buy groceries.

She told me that she ate granola bars only (weird), no-one can live off of just granola bars! And she would stay up later than me, even though she was dead tired and needed to get up really early in the morning.

I started to notice that my canisters of spagetti, flour, brown sugar, cereal etc. started to dwindle over time, I couldnt understand it. Then one night I had to get up and let my dog out, she was in the kitchen with almost every pot cooking away. Weird I thought...she didnt ever buy groceries, where did she get the food from?

Then I figured it out, she was stealing all my food. I told her not to as I was on a strict budget, she kept doing it. So I got smart...I went to the store and bought 4 rubbermaid clear plastic boxes that fit into the fridge and freezer. I drilled holes into the lids and attached a padlock to each. Two in the fridge and 2 in the freezer, with all MY food in them. Plus, I attached a chain and a padlock to my kitchen cupboard.

During this time I was reasearching how I could legally get her out as a roommate, without any problems. Once I found out what to do, I gave her a week to find a place.

Debbie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debbie,

that most certainly must have been a room mate from HELL..What a most selfish,disrespectful and weird woman she is.

Anonymous said...

you're one smart cookie... the padlock idea was supreme. I didn't know about the one week rule though.

Anonymous said...

If you're the lease holder, roommates have almost No rights. You can almost do anything you want