Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Shower Story

One night while on duty, I heard a knock at my door at about 1 a.m. A resident was at my door completely naked. He had a prank pulled on him and while showering had “lost” both his towel and his key to his room. To make matters worse, I was the only Resident Assistant he could find. I lived as far away from his room as possible. It was a duty night that neither the resident nor I will soon forget.

About a week later, another resident was taking a shower. His roommates thought it would be funny to take his towel and keys while he was showering. A noisy race ensued, causing everyone in the hall to stick their heads out their doors to see what was going on. This included the Resident Director’s wife.

And we all know about payback…early in the semester, a female resident had stolen her roommate’s towel, resulting in the need to use the shower curtain to cover herself. Pictures of the roommate in the shower curtain were taken. In anticipation of payback, the towel-stealing-photo-taking-roommate hid a towel in the bathroom for weeks, just in case. When the time was right…her roommate got her friends to steal the back up towel…I encountered this resident at my door one day, wrapped in a shower curtain, asking to be let into her room. It was a long walk to her room from mine. When I let her in the room, her roommate was waiting…pretending to read a book and laughing hysterically out loud.

No comments: