Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My first roomate was the worst

My fist roomate was the worst experience. I had on... experience.I had only a two weeks to find a place, so I answered an ad in the paper for a girl looking for a roomate. She happened to live in the same building as sme friends of mine so I was excited about that. I met with her and she seemed nice, the apartment was really clean, so I took the place.Things began to get really bad....Let's see in the 3 months I lived with her she:

- Painted bad pictures of naked little girls all over our living room walls (not ok'd by the landlord BTW)
- Turned our bathtub into a litter box for her 2 cats she was constantly neglecting.- Stole all my food so often I had to lock it up what I could in my bedroom.
- Had her alarm clock set for odd hours of the night then would disappear for a week with her bedroom door locked. I often had to call the landlord to come over and unlock her bedroom door so I could shut it off and get some sleep.
- She would always disappear when rent was due for a few weeks leaving me to scramble to try to find a way to cover her half or face eviction.
- Wait for me to go to bed and then lock herself in her room and turn up her music loudly but ignore me yelling at her to turn it down.- Stole several of my things but I got them back because I found them in her car with the doors unlocked.
- Collected jars of moldy food. That's right, if I cleaned out the fridge and threw away the moldy food she would dig them out of the trash and put them back in the fridge.
- Collected old empty boxes of pizza and left them sitting in her room with the cheese and grease baking in the sunlight from her window.
- Asked me for cash to pay the bills and then just spent the money with out paying them so all our utilities were turned off and I had to pay all the past money to get them turned back on since she couldn't.
-Would lock me out of the apartment by putting the chain lock on and ignore me when I banged on the door, I had to get the police to come and make her let me in.
- Moved her freend into a walk-in closet we had with out asking me if her friend could move in, finally they decided to 'evict' me after I complained to the landlord, so the 2 of them moved all my stuff out into the building's hallway one day while I was at work.

Luckily my landlord knew about my problems with my roommate and gave me a new apartment in the building where I found a much better roommate and my old one was evicted.

No comments: