Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Greetings! I moved to a large city where I only knew one person (an old acquaintance). I had problems finding a place to live, so I gave her a call, and she hooked me up with a friend of hers who was seeking a roommate. He's is a straight, single guy, like me. He seemed cool, so I took the room.

he FIRST NIGHT I moved in, I heard the door knob to my room rattling at 3AM

(I had locked it before bed out of general caution). I open the door, and there is my new roommate... completely naked. He was acting very weird, and was trying to get into my room. Now he is about 5'10" and 160 pounds. I am 6'5" and 290 pounds... needless to say, I could have easily put a quick (but violent) end to this nonsense. Being a nice guy, and sensing something was wrong, I just told him to go back to his room. He left, and I went back to bed. Unfortunately, this scenario played out again two more times that night, in the exact same way.

The next morning I found out that he has epilepsy. If you know the disease, you know it is common for someone to have a period of "confusion" (lasting up to 30 minutes) after a seizure. He had had a seizure that night, and was walking around confused. It freaked me out, and I still sleep with my door locked, but I'm glad I decided to settle things without violence. It turns out he's a pretty good guy, and a decent roommate. Well, mostly... the past month or so he's been turning our living room/dining room/kitchen into an extention of his bedroom by sleeping on the couch (in front of the TV) most every night. It's really annoying, but doesn't come close to trying to break into my room, naked, in the middle of the night! ;^)

No comments: