Tuesday, June 26, 2007

LPN said...

Ohh where do I start???

I had a roommate at VSU that all of a sudden went crazy. We got a room together purposefully- we were friends. Then all of a sudden she starts acting crazy, yelling at me and calling me names for stupid little reasons. She actually screamed at me down the hall, so that everyone could hear, because I didn't vacuum our room (the vacuum cleaner had been borrowed). I wound up transferring to another school.

I had an Indian roommate at GaTech, the room always smelled like nasty curry and she was one of the messiest people I've ever seen- clothes and trash everywhere. On top of that, her and her boyfriend would make out/ fool around while I was trying to sleep! One time I came back from the gym, saw that she was under the covers taking a nap and so I changed into my robe and went to take a shower. About an hour later, she comes strolling in the room and I come to find out the "napper" was her boyfriend! Thanks a lot.

Then I moved into an apartment with 3 other girls- one of them never ever came out of her room. When you knocked on her door instead of coming to open it, she would just say "what is it?!". It was fun talking to her door. The 2nd girl was a bit neurotic in that she HAD to have the common areas spic and span, but when you went in her room, you couldn't see the floor there was so much stuff laying everywhere! And she liked to leave LONG notes on the fridge explaining her frustrations...instead of trying to sit down and talk about it with us. The third girl I got along with the best, but she was also a little crazy- someone scratched up one of her pans so she took ALL of her stuff out of the kitchen and kept it her room.

Then I had another roommate who had a waitressing job so she always worked late nights, and she always came home in the middle of the morning (3am, 5am) DRUNK and LOUD and would wake me up. Its great to be woken up at 5 when you have to get up at 7!!! Also, her and the other girl living there would do bumps on the kitchen counter, stay up all kinds of crazy hours, and get all weirded out. That was fun.

My current roommate is a 20 yr old guy, goes to some crappy community college and only takes 2 classes. He smokes pot every day, sits around on his lazy ass and that's about it. I can never get him to fix anything, do anything, clean up after himself, he can't even be bothered to lock up the house properly when he leaves. Not to mention after he takes a shower it is so gross in there. Yuck. Screw roommates. If I could afford it I would DEFINITELY live alone.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELLO, SEEMS LIKE TO ME THAT YOU HAVE SOME SCREWED UP ROOMIES..BUT MY LEASE IS UP BY FEB 1ST, AND IF YOU WANT A RESPECTFUL, CLEAN ROOMIE, WHO DOESN'T DO DRUGS, CONTACT ME (817) 673-5044....I HAVE A DOG, BUT HE'S NICE..CHOC LAB..I WORK AND GO TO SCHOOL FULLTIME..SO IF INTERESTED I'M ALL EARS..I'M 25 FEM BY THE WAY..THANX

veronika said...

I think a couple of your roommates are now living with me.

Anonymous said...

Seems to me that you have problems with ALL your roommate.
Perhaps it is time to examine yourself and see if YOU are the problem...?

Something to think about.....
Anon

Unknown said...

Anon the lady gave a thorough explaination of the problems, don't you think its a bit too harsh to say she is at fault when all her roommates seemed to have been the devil incarnate?

Anonymous said...

OMG!
When I read this I felt a wierd like "hmmm, are you talking about me?" When I was rooming with three random people, I was definitly the type to stay in my and answer someone with out opening my door. Some one scratched up one of my pans and YES I moved all of my kitchen supplies to my room. I didn't think it was fair to have my stuff worn out when none of the other roomates bought anything to share with me.

Anonymous said...

All in all, it sounds like you've had mostly bad roommates, but you should really look in the mirror yourself. You seem to be able to find something wrong with everyone.

A roommate that doesnt come out of her room, whats "wrong" with that? If the rent is paid on time, and she is not bothering anyone, that sounds like a perfect roommate to me.

A neurotic roommate who has a messy room, but always makes sure the common area is clean? Its her room, and has nothing to do with you, so why do you care how clean or messy it is? Plus if she cleans the common area...great!

Some people are just too picky for their own good.