Monday, October 16, 2006

I'm having flashbacks reading this...

One of my old roomates used to leave food all over the kitchen. Now, I wasn't the cleanest person, either, but I would clean up my mess before bed. Well, she didn't think she ever needed to clean up her stuff, and I walked in late one night, after working until close at a restaurant, and found our kitchen and most of our living room filled with ROACHES. And she was sleeping peacefully in her bed - completely unconcerned. I made enough racket cleaning it up that she came out to ask me to be quiet because she was trying to sleep. Nice. Oh, and her boyfriend smoked clove cigarettes - by the pack - right in the middle of our apartment. It took forever to get that smell out of there..

Another roommate had a cat. The cat was very sweet, but my roommate *never* cleaned out the litter box. So, the cat would relieve itself in other areas of the apartment. I consider this serious pet neglect and felt really sorry for the poor cat. After cleaning up several messes myself, I asked her to clean it up one day, and she huffed and walked away. I think the litter box was cleaned a month later or so....

No comments: