Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I will never have a roommate again!!!!

I was in the process of getting a divorce and I had a big home at the time and thought about renting out a room to make ends meet.Well,I put an ad in our local paper and got alot of responses.Each time I set up an interview.I met a older guy who seemed quiet and said he would help out in the house-ie:fixing stuff.


He always pays his rent on time and it seemed too good to be true-It was-he was very loud even just walking he was a small framed guy but it sounded like a herd of elephants when he was walking through the house.He always had his girlfriend there.Which was no problem.But as time went by he was late in paying rent saying he was sick and couldn't work-I was nice enough to let it slide but he was late all the time.One day he was very on edge and calling up a person and getting very loud and cursing and when his girlfriend tried to calm him down he hauled off and hit her right in front of me and my boyfriend.My boyfriend was a larger man then him and he didn't let that sit well with him hitting a woman.So,they got into it and my roommate locked himself in his room.While his girlfriend was a mess-bleeding etc.I asked her if she would press charges and she said yes. So,I called the police and they came right away.

Well,comes to find out my lovely roommate was on parole for manslaughter and he was sick from coming down off heroin! That is why he was calling up a certain person and cussing at him...it was his drug dealer!!The police hauled him away and put him in jail and I was stuck with his junk and his parents who were elderly couldn't take his stuff.I kept getting threatening calls from him in jail and telling me if I throw his stuff out he would come after me! I had to go and get a PPO out on him.It was a plain mess.I will never have a roommate again!!!!

Lori

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never thought of just getting a female first to find out how roomming with others is??
Do you think I would share a house with a any male stranger who just tells me anything.
Your own fault