Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The roomates are for lack of a better term retarded

I have been rentin a room for 4 mos now. Nice house. The roomates are for lack of a better term retarded (with the exception of one). I should back up a bit. Two roomates were asked to leave due to excessive partying, possible property theft, and having female guests just walk into tenant rooms (mainly mine) in the middle of the night.


One current roomate is chummy with the home owner. She basically has no prospects of ever being a homeowner or renter (being honest here). She comes home from work to sit in the garage and smokes like a chimnee (does the same thing in the morning before going to work). Never opens the garage door even a small amount for ventilation. She reminds me of a 10 watt light bulb that is ready to burn out (she had some issues growing up and basically appears to be traumatized; loud talker and basically gives the impression of being someone who has been lobotomized). This person remains chummy with the homeowner becasue she has no place to go (the homeonwer is listing his house due to being in over his head financially; he is having this roommate be his listing agent. She's done NOTHING to market it and has't even renewed her local NAR dues for listing purposes). The 2nd roomtae is new and is not much brighter (maybe a 15 watt bulb approaching the end of it's life span). The third new roomate is hardly home, so I cannot formulate an opinion.It is a sad situation. I just keep to myself. I am a working professional who has to bight his toungue alot. On the other hand, it is kind of pathetically sad to casually observe how others live their lives. I am basically watching two depressed people smoke themselves to death.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well,since compassion is not one of your strong points,and the English language is definitely not another plus in your life,I pity you.
Here's wishing that you will overcome both of these deficits in the coming new year.
Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

Contrary to the first commentor I can completely empathize with you. The majority of roommates I have seen and heard about can best be summed up as retarded.

Anonymous said...

I agree most of my roommates have been retarded. I moved from the east to the west coast and boy oh boy what a crew out here. I will be posting what has happened to me,
Most of the roommates have no tv, are depressed all the time expecting me to cheer them up. i can't take it anymore. i think after this semester i have to move back home,

Unknown said...

Can someone please find me a normal roommate? lol